SITRANS LVL200 is a standard vibrating level switch for use in liquid and slurry applications such as overflow, high, low, and demand applications, as well as pump protection. For use in SIL-2 applications.
- Proven vibrating level switch technology for liquids
- Compact insertion length of 40 mm (1.57 inch) for confined space applications
- Fault monitoring for corrosion, loss of vibration or line break to the piezo drive
- SIL-2 qualified for high level and dry run applications
- Hygienic process connections
SITRANS LVL200 is a level switch designed for industrial use in all areas of process technology and can be used with liquids and slurries. With a tuning fork insertion length of only 40 mm (1.57 inch), SITRANS LVL200 can be mounted in small pipes and applications with confined space. The LVL200 can be used to measure products with a minimum density of > 0.5 g/cm³ (0.018 lb/in³). The LVL200 can be used in difficult conditions including turbulence, air bubbles, foam generation, buildup, or external vibration.
SITRANS LVL200 continuously monitors faults via frequency evaluation, providing early detection of strong corrosion or damage on the tuning fork, loss of vibration, or a line break to the
The tuning fork is piezoelectrically energized and vibrates at its mechanical resonance frequency of approx. 1 200 Hz. The vibration frequency changes when the tuning fork is covered by the medium. This change is detected by the integrated oscillator and converted into a switching command. The integrated electronics evaluate the level signal and output a switching signal, directly operating connected devices.
- Key Applications: For use in liquids and slurries, for level measurement, overfill, and dry run protection