SITRANS LR250 with threaded PVDF antenna is a 2-wire, 25 GHz pulse radar level transmitter for continuous monitoring of liquids and slurries in storage and process vessels including corrosives or aggressive materials, to a range of 10 m (32.8 ft).
- Fully insulated PVDF antenna design for use in chemical and sanitary environments where aggressive and corrosive materials are used
- Cost effective replacement for transmitters made of exotic materials
- Graphical local user interface (LUI) makes operation simple with plug-and-play setup using the intuitive Quick Start Wizard
- LUI displays echo profiles for diagnostic support
- 25 GHz high frequency and 2 inch (50 mm) process connection/antenna allow for easy mounting in nozzles
- Insensitive to mounting location and obstructions, and less sensitive to nozzle interference
- Short blanking distance for improved minimum measuring range to 50 mm (2 inch) from the end of the antenna
- Communication using HART® or PROFIBUS PA, or FOUNDATION Fieldbus
- Process Intelligence signal processing for improved measurement reliability and Auto False-Echo Suppression of fixed obstructions
- Programming using infrared Intrinsically Safe handheld programmer or over a network using SIMATIC PDM, Emerson AMS, or Field Device Tools, such as PACTware or Fieldcare via SITRANS DTM.
- Suitable for use in Safety Related Systems in accordance with IEC 61508/61511 (SIL-2)
- 3 mm (0.118 inch) accuracy in accordance with IEC 60770-1
SITRANS LR250 includes a graphical local user interface (LUI) that improves setup and operation by including an intuitive
Quick Start Wizard, and echo profile displays for diagnostic support. Startup is easy using the Quick Start wizard with a few parameters
required for basic operation.
The 25 GHz frequency creates a narrow, focused beam allowing for smaller antenna options and decreasing sensitivity to obstructions.
SITRANS LR250’s unique design allows safe and simple programming using the Intrinsically Safe handheld programmer without having to open the instrument’s lid.
SITRANS LR250 measures superbly in small vessels and in tanks/vessels up to 10 m (32 ft) on materials with dk > 3.
- Key Applications: liquid bulk storage tanks, process vessels with agitators, vaporous liquids, temperatures to +80 °C (+176 °F), corrosive and aggressive materials, media with dielectric (dk) ≥ 3 (application dependent) and applications requiring functional safety