The economical N785-INT-SC Gigabit Multimode Fiber to Ethernet Media Converter allows you to extend your 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet connection up to 2,000 meters (6,561 feet) without the limitations of extra Cat5e/6 UTP cabling. Because Cat5e/6 cables are limited to only 100 meters, it is more effective to use SC multimode fiber optic cabling for greater distances.
Use copper UTP cabling to connect one 1310 nm N785-INT-SC converter to your network device, such as a computer, and another converter to a network switch. The two converters are connected by a multimode fiber optic cable with SC connectors. The N785-INT-SC supports 50/125 multimode cable up to 2,000 meters and 62.5/125 multimode cable up to 400 meters.
Monitoring and controlling your network nodes is easy with the converter’s advanced features, such as automatic network speed sensing, full/half-duplex auto-detection and automatic MDI/MDI-X configuration. Six LEDs indicate the converter’s Ethernet network and fiber link status at a glance.
The N785-INT-SC includes an external power supply with international plug adapters for North America (NEMA 5-15P), the United Kingdom (BS 1363), Europe (CEE 7/16 Schuko) and Australia (AS/NZS 3112). The plug-and-play fiber-to-copper media converter requires no software or drivers and is easy to set up.
Extends a Gigabit Ethernet Signal up to 2,000 m (1804 ft.) Using SC Multimode Cable
- Converts UTP copper connection to duplex fiber over long distance, then back to copper at opposite end while auto-sensing the proper speed
- Fiber optic technology more effective than Cat5e/6 over long distances
- Supports 50/125 multimode fiber optic cabling up to 2,000 m
- Supports 62.5/125 multimode fiber optic cabling up to 400 m
- Connection requires an N785-INT-SC at both ends
Advanced Monitoring and Control
- Supports automatic sensing of network speed
- Supports both full-duplex and half-duplex operation
- Supports automatic MDI/MDI-X configuration
- 6 LEDs indicate network and fiber link status at a glance
- No additional software or drivers required
- Compact unit sets up in minutes
- Durable metal housing designed to last
- Power supply includes international plug adapters for North America, U.K., Europe and Australia