Patton's Ultra-Miniature media converters provide a cost-effective Plug & Play solution for converting your twisted-pair networks to fiber. When used in pairs, the Patton 2300 extends your Ethernet connections up to 1.24 miles (2 km) using readily available multimode fiber, or 18.6 miles (30 km) over single mode fiber. The Patton 2300 Series offers flexible and standards-based Ethernet extension and conversion for a variety of Ethernet networks with the added bonus of protection against electromagnetic interference (EMI), a common problem associated with copper transmissions.
OpticLink Media Converters directly connect to Ethernet devices supporting 10Base-T or 100Base-TX. Models 2311 and 2312 feature 10/100 auto-negotiation, making them the perfect choice when planning a future upgrade of existing 10Base-T networks. All 2300 media converters are ultra-miniature in size and feature a shielded RJ-45 Ethernet jack, and MDI/MDI-X switch for quick and easy installation. The 2300M (Multimode) Series offer a choice of ST or SC style fiber optic connections. Built-in auto-sensing capabilities enable full or half-duplex Ethernet operation with no configuration required! Once up and running, LED indicators provide operational status on power, fiber link and activity, and copper/twisted-pair link and activity.
Features & Benefits
- Ethernet Extension & Access Extend Ethernet connections up to 1.24 miles (2 km) over multimode fiber and 18.6 miles (30 km) over single mode fiber
- Update your LAN Upgrade existing twisted-pair networksand get the speed and security of fiber
- Solve Equipment Mismatches Easily connect network equipment with twisted-pair and fiber interfaces
- Eliminate Crossover Cables MDI/MDI-X switch settings match the connected equipment
- Standards Compliant IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T, 10Base-FL, 100Base-FX, 100Base-SX, 100Base-TX
- Auto-sensing full or half-duplex Ethernet
- LED status indicators
- Ultra-miniature package
- Simple plug-and-play installation