The IMC-750/751 series are slide-in module Ethernet-to-fiber media converters for the IMC-7xx chassis, which support hot-swappable and easy installation. They allow network operators to incorporate multiple fiber types and wavelengths within a network. They can be monitored and controlled via a central site with the IMC-710 SNMP management module by iView2, Telnet, or CLI while installed in a IMC-71x series chassis. Link Fault Pass Through (LFPT) is a diagnostic feature that can enable or disable links to assist end users in troubleshooting a failed segment and configuration control to retain the latest configuration regardless of how the initial configuration was set up. The IMC-750 series can convert a 10/100 ~ 100Mbps copper-to-fiber media rate to auto-negotiation functionality on the twisted pair port for operation, and can fix it at 100Mbps copper-to-fiber with the IMC-751 series. The IMC-751I-2SFP converter is protocol-independent with dual SFP ports which can provide a single conversion between different wavelengths or single-mode and multi-mode fiber, single-mode to single-mode fiber or multi-mode to single-strand single-mode fiber. The SFP port must use an SFP of the same speed while allowing for different fiber types. Additionally, the IMC-751I-2SFP is an industrial equipment device. The unit operates in environments that demand extended operating temperatures.
- Variety of choices: multi-mode, single-mode, and single-strand fiber including SFP form factor
- Modular, hot-swappable architecture reduces operational costs associated with product installation, upgrades, and maintenance
- Provides modules with SFP transceivers that support extended operating temperature
- SNMP manageable
- Supports configuration control
- Supports Link Fault Pass Through (LFPT)