The IMC-760 series intelligent media converter connects a host/remote Ethernet network over a fiber optic or CAT5 copper connection. It combines media conversion with an advanced-feature set for network management and troubleshooting, including OAM(operation, administration and management). Administrators can observe the end-points over the fiber segment between them as a single management entity. Bandwidth scalability and support for MIBs II makes this modular device a cost-effective solution. The SNMP software, iView2, allows for remote configuration and alerts administrators to any potential problems on the long-haul fiber run, providing vital information on link condition and reporting data traffic statistics. With iView2, the central location can manage all host/remote pairs installed in the IMC-71x series with the single IP address of the chassis.
- SNMP manageable
- OAM IEEE802.3ag/ah (operation, administration, and management)
- Supports per-port, bi-directional bandwidth control
- Supports powerful LinkLoss, FiberAlert and Loopback troubleshooting functions
- All management traffic remains isolated from the remote LAN
- The modular, hot-swappable architecture reduces operational costs associated with product installation, upgrades, and maintenance