In severe operating conditions, and when the use of detectors with an integral cable is not preferred, an alternative is to use a coaxial mineral insulated cable extension connected to the detector.
- High level of resistance or radiations and electromagnetic parasitic signals
- Watertight, mineral insulated cables and connectors
- Customization according to the user’s needs
Such mineral insulated cable extensions are terminated by two HN-connectors (plugs or jacks). For pulse and current transmissions, the coaxial cables are 6 mm in diameter adapted to 50 Ω characteristic impedance with high-immunity to parasites. For direct current transmissions, a 3 mm diameter cable extension is available.
Custom coaxial cable extensions & connectors
By full control of the following processes, Photonis Nuclear Instrumentation can supply custom coaxial cable extensions & connectors with the highest quality and reliability levels
- Adaptation of industrialized coaxial cable extensions & connectors to customer specific requirements.
- Development of new coaxial cable extensions & connectors with our experienced R&D team.
- Long term collaboration with the French Atomic Energy Commission / CEA (theoretical approach, modeling, qualification tests in research reactors.
- Complete manufacturing process on site.
- Support from all the Photonis Group activities, experience and knowledge.
- Certifications & Quality Assurance programs adapted to the customer environment.
- Technical support, applying expertise.
- Export control, as an Authorized Economic Operator, Photonis acts in accordance with the EU international regulations.
- Structure configuration: Coaxial (one central conductor, one external envelope).
- Cable materials: Multi metallic cable envelope for high immunity to parasites. Magnesia (MgO) cable insulator
- Connector Material: Stainless steel and Nickel structure and high-grade Alumina (Al2O3) insulator.