- combination of a three axis translation system and a two axis tilting system
- free center hole with 17 mm diameter
- integrated preload
- translation of each axis: 100 µm
- tilt in each direction: ±2 mrad
- solid state flexure hinges in parallelogram design without mechanical play
- option:integrated measurement system
Optical stages often require an open central space (e.g. for passing light). For such applications, the new PENTOR translation and tilting system was developed with a 17 mm free center hole. It offers a motion the in x-, y- and z-directions of 100µm and a tilt of ±2 mrad on two orthogonal axes (j,q).
Flexure hinges for the three translation axes guarantee the highest degree of parallelism over the travel range of the stage. Each axis has a built-in integrated mechanical preload, making the new PENTOR very well suited for dynamic applications. The tilting part is designed for plus-minus tilting.
The construction is temperature compensated so that changes in the surrounding temperature do not affect the tilting angle. Because the mirror mounts are preloaded, and are characterized by high stiffness and resonant frequency, dynamic operation is possible.
The primary components with solid state flexure hinges are made from stainless steel. The bottom and top plates are made from black anodized aluminum.
As an option, the PENTOR can be offered with an integrated strain gauge measurement system.