GL's TRAU Analyzer is used to non-intrusively monitor TRAU frames at the A-bis interface (BTS to BSC links), and A-ter interface (BSC to MSC links). Application can automatically detect and capture TRAU frames of half rate (HR-8 kbps) or full rate (FR-16 kbps). Various codecs such as FR, EFR, AMR, AMR-WB, HR and Data are used for compression/decompression of speech. TRAU frames are decoded as per the specifications GSM 08.60 V 8.2.0 Release and GSM 08.61 V 8.1.0 Release.
Analysis of TRAU calls, including detail statistics, wave graph, oscilloscope, spectral display for various codecs can be done using TRAU Packet Data Analysis (PDA) feature. It also allows users to play voice files to speaker, write speech data to a file, filter calls, detect digits and view graphs such as Active Calls, and Traffic Monitoring to identify Full Rate and Half Rate traffic with traffic type and direction in a pictorial format.
A-bis Signaling can be monitored using GSM Analyzer (optional). Traffic Analyzer Detail View allows the user to have a detail look at one (or two) TRAU sessions that are part of a single call. The view is divided into two parts, which assists in any comparisons to be made between the two sessions.
Additional features supported by real-time analyzer are:
- Displays Summary, Detail, Hex-dump, Statistics, and Call Trace Views, the contents of this view can also be copied to clipboard.
- Summary View displays TRAU Frame type, Frame Direction, Speech Frame classification, Time Alignment, CRC, RIF, AMR mode, AMR-WB mode and so on in a tabular format.
- Detail View displays decodes of a user-selected frame from the Summary View.
- Hex dump view displays raw frame data as hexadecimal and ASCII octet dump, the contents of this view can also be copied to clipboard.
- Statistics View displays statistics based on frame count, byte count, frames/sec, bytes/sec etc for the entire capture data.
- Decode TRAU frames with codec such as FR (Full Rate GSM 6.10), HR (Half Rate), EFR (Enhanced Full Rate), AMR(Adaptive Multi Rate), AMR-WB, O&M, Data.
- Supports transmission rate of 16 kbps (GSM 08.60) & 8kbps (GSM 08.61).
- Decodes & displays frame synchronization bits, data bits & control bits.
- Supports filtering and search based on various TRAU frame direction, type, time alignment, CRC, and more.
- Ability to configure .INI file for advanced decoding options such as capturing of raw bits, set Discontinuous Transmission (DTX_MODE) for the EFR frame, and set/reset Discontinuous Transmission (DTX) bit for the uplink EFR frame.
- Exports Summary View information to a comma delimited file for subsequent import into a database or spreadsheet.
- Capability to export detail decodes information to an ASCII file.
- Any protocol field can be added to the summary view, filtering, and search features providing users more flexibility to monitor required protocol fields.
- Remote monitoring capability using GL's Network Surveillance System.
Additional features supported by Offline TRAU Analyzer:
- Trau streams may be captured on the selected time slots (contiguous or non-contiguous), sub-channels or full bandwidth 32 or 24 channels.
- Capture and decode TRAU frames such as FR (Full Rate GSM 6.10), HR (Half Rate), EFR (Enhanced Full Rate), AMR(Adaptive Multi Rate)., AMR-WB, O&M and Data.
- Extracts speech data from TRAU frames, play the speech data on PC soundcard, or, record voice to a file, after decompressing TRAU speech data to 16-bit linear PCM.
- Variations accommodated in the software are inverted or non-inverted data.
- Multiple streams of TRAU traffic on various T1/E1 channels can be simultaneously decoded with different GUI instances.
- Trace files for analysis can be loaded through simple command-line arguments.
- Multiple trace files can be loaded simultaneously with different GUI instances for offline analysis.