Multi Stream UDP/TCP Traffic Generator and Analyzer is a hardware-based Ethernet tester capable of generating multi-stream Ethernet traffic of varying packet length and also analyze the loopback traffic. It has the capability to Generate and Analyze up to 16 UDP streams of traffic of various packet lengths. This tool finds itself especially useful for end-to-end testing of 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps WAN (Wide Area Network) links.
Multi Stream UDP/TCP Traffic Generator and Analyzer (PXE108, PXG108, PXN108) is available on the following PacketExpert™ platforms -
- PacketExpert™ 1G (PXE100) - This is a quad port USB based portable unit, of which 2 ports are of 10/100/1000Mbps Electrical or Optical (Port 2, Port 3), and other 2 are 10/100/1000Mbps Electrical only. Multi Stream Traffic Generator and Analyzer licensed PXE108 generates multi-stream (12 streams on 1G ports) Ethernet traffic, which is transmitted on Port#2 and is loopback on Port#3. The received traffic at port#2 is analysed and along with FLR, IR, FTD, FDV result measurements individual result FLR, IR, FTD, FDV graphs are also provided.
- PacketExpert™ 10G (PXG100) - This is a quad port USB based portable unit, of which 2 are 10 Gbps optical ports, and other 2 are 10/100/1000Mbps Electrical / Optical ports. Multi Stream UDP/TCP Traffic Generator and Analyzer licensed PXG108 generates multi-stream (16 streams on both 1G and 10G ports) Ethernet traffic, which is transmitted on 10G: Port#1 and is loopback on 10G: Port#2. The received traffic at 10G: Port#1 is analysed and along with FLR, IR, FTD, FDV result measurements throughput graph is also provided.
- PacketExpert™ 10GX (PXN100) - This is a quad port USB based portable unit, of which 2 are 10/1 Gbps optical ports, and other 2 are 10/100/1000Mbps Electrical / Optical ports. The 10/1 Gbps Optical ports can be down-shifted to support 1Gbps Electrical ports, thus offering all four 1 Gbps ports for ethernet testing. Multi Stream UDP/TCP Traffic Generator and Analyzer licensed PXG108 generates multi-stream (16 streams on both 1G and 10G ports) Ethernet traffic, which is transmitted on 10G/1G: Port#1 and is loopback on 10G/1G: Port#2. The received traffic at 10G/1G: Port#1 is analysed and along with FLR, IR, FTD, FDV result measurements throughput graph is also provided.
The portable unit is suitable for field testing; while the compact design of the unit allows to easily deploy multiple such units in the rack enclosure providing high-density form factor solution.
The test results include Frame Loss, Frame Delay and Frame Delay Variation metrics for each stream. Easily monitor the bandwidth performance using live throughput consolidated graphical view for all the configured streams.
As depicted in the network diagram above, multiple streams are generated as per the user defined configurations - MAC/VLAN/IP/UDP header, the rate and the frame size. Based on the Frame size, and Rate configured different classes of traffic (voice, video, data, etc) can be prioritized.
The loopback ports on PacketExpert™ offers Smart Loopback functionality on both 10G/1G to loopback the incoming traffic back to the source in the network. Loopback option helps in easy test setup, especially in end-to-end testing, when the other end is in a remote place. In such cases, one PacketExpert™ can be put in constant Loopback at the remote end, and tests can be controlled at the local end.
Other important functionalities included on PacketExpert™ platforms are as follows:
- Wire speed BERT
- Smart Loopback
- RFC 2544 Testing
- Record and Playback
- IPNetSim™ - IP WAN Link Emulator
- IPLinkSim™ - IP WAN Link Emulator
- Y.1564 Testing – ExpertSAM™
- Multi Stream Traffic Generator and Analyzer
- ExpertTCP™ - (Available with Multi Stream Traffic Generator Analyzer)
PacketExpert™ also supports Command line Interface (CLI) to access all the above listed functionalities remotely using TCL clients and MAPS™ CLI Client/ Server architecture.
- Test tool with both Ethernet traffic generation and analysis capabilities in one-box
- Generate and analyse packets at 1GigE and 10GigE line rates, with zero packet loss
- On 10G units (PXG100 and PXN100) 16 multiple streams are generated on both 1G and 10G ports
- On 1G units (PXE100) 12 multiple streams are generated on 1G ports
- Traffic Generation –
- Supports multiple streams with varying test configurations
- Streams can be defined with various header fields like Source/Destination MAC Address, VLAN Id, Source/Destination Ipv4 Address, Source/Destination UDP ports
- EMIX frame sizes supported per service – up to 5 frame sizes can be defined per stream
- Stacked VLAN supported – C-Tag and S-Tag to simulate Carrier Ethernet traffic
- Traffic Analysis –
- KPIs supported - Information Rate (IR) or Throughput, Frame Loss Ratio (FLR), Frame Transfer Delay (FTD) or Latency, and Frame Delay Variation (FDV) or Jitter, measured simultaneously for multi streams
- Easily monitor the bandwidth performance using live throughput consolidated graphical view for all the streams
- Provides IR (throughput), FTD, FLR, FDV graphs
- Detailed per stream statistics for unique streams
- Provides per port frame statistics like Total Frames/Bytes Received, Rx Frame Rate, Rx Data Rate, etc
- Command Line Interface for automated testing and remote accessibility