With most carriers rolling out multi-services, including voice, video, fax, and data transported via packet networks, there is need for constant testing and monitoring of Quality of Service (QoS) and Network Performance of Next Generation Networks (NGN).
GL's PacketScan™ - an All-IP Network Monitoring software offers powerful features to capture and monitor live signaling and traffic over IP (version 4 and 6). The application can capture, segregate, monitor and collect statistics all types of calls over IP. Almost all VoIP and Wireless protocols and traffic types over IP network, as listed here, can be captured and decoded for troubleshooting network problems.
The PacketScan™ is available in the following flavours -
- Real-time PacketScan™ (PKV100) software
- PacketScan™ HD (High Density) IP Traffic Analyzer w/ 4x1GigE (PKV120) – includes Online PKV100 for temporary audio codec support
- PacketScan™ HD (High Density) Network Monitoring Appliance w/ 2x10GigE (PKV122) – includes Online PKV100 for temporary audio codec support
GL’s PacketScan™ HD is a high density multi-protocol 2U rack mounted network monitoring appliance that can capture and process packets over IP on high speed Ethernet links of 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps links.
For more details, visit PacketScan™ HD – Network Monitoring Appliance.
Some of the important applications of PacketScan™ are:
- Supports decoding of almost all industry standard signalling protocols – See Protocol List for more details.
- SIP, SIP-I, SIP-T, H.323, MEGACO, MGCP, Skinny (SCCP)
- IMS-SIP, Diameter
- LTE (requires additional licensing)
- SIGTRAN – SS7, ISDN (requires additional licensing)
- GSM A and Abis over IP (requires additional licensing)
- GPRS Gb and Gn over IP (requires additional licensing)
- UMTS IuCs and IuPs over IP (requires additional licensing)
- T.38 and Video calls
- Monitors QoS (quality of service) on voice and video calls
- All traffic supported – Digits, Tones, Voice, Video, Fax Live monitoring Ipv4 and IPv6 (version 4 and version 6) networks
- listen/record audio and video data of a session in real-time
- perform power, frequency, spectral, tone and digit analysis
- monitor / record audio and video data of a session to files (in QuickTime *.qt format), and play-back video using 3rd party VLC Viewer application; these features allow user to perform powerful video analysis to get an exact picture of QoS (quality of the service)
- Video Statistics provides a measure of Video Call Quality in IP networks; these include Media Type, SSRC, Packet Statistics, Average Delay/Gap, Video Frame count, Frame rate, Media Delivery Index (MDI- (Delay Factor: Media Loss Rate)), and Average MDI for each session
- SIP ED137B for Air Traffic Monitoring (Air-to-Ground, and Ground-to-Ground)
- Segregates, captures, and collects statistics on VoIP and Wireless calls
- Permits analysis of adherence to protocol standards for the system under test or observation
- Provides graphical presentation of analysis including ladder diagrams of protocols
- Supported on Windows® 7 64 bit OS (and above).
Thousands of calls can be monitored in real-time including detailed analysis of selected voice band streams. Applications include testing of IP phones, Gateways, IP Routers and Switches, and Proxies.
Detailed call statistics such as packet loss, gap, jitter, delay, RTP performance statistics, R-factor & MOS scores, and unparalleled voice band statistics can be monitored simultaneously. Sophisticated filters permit zooming and recording of specific calls of interest.
What sets apart PacketScan™ is its ability to collect vital statistics about calls for theoretically infinite time. The ability of PacketScan™ to capture data is limited only by the hard disk capacity of the PC. It can work with NetSurveyorWeb™, a central monitoring system for a comprehensive view of network performance. It features rich graphics, ladder diagrams and CDRs (Call Detail Records).