GL Insight™ enables decoding and analysis of pre-recorded modem and fax transmissions. The transmission signals can be recorded from PSTN or IP media. It is a unique system used by developers of modem and fax technology often in interoperability labs. GL Insight™ can be used during the development and deployment phases of the products that support fax and modem transmission.
GL Insight™ receives the recorded modem or fax transmissions in one of the two ways:
- As raw signal files (PCM files) - in either mono or stereo format
- As IP capture files - created by capturing devices or by software.
GLInsight™ demodulates the raw transmissions and presents the decoded data in an easy to understand format. It produces extensive log files with all relevant debugging information for easy event tracing which in turn provides insight to potential sources of problems.
GL's tools for Fax and Modem Call Capture
Over PSTN - The raw files required for fax and modem analysis in the case of PSTN (2-wire or TDM) can be obtained using following hardware platforms:
- GL's T1/E1 Analyzer with Call Capture Analysis (CCA) - The capability of CCA software to non-intrusively record calls directly from T1/E1 lines offers a solution to capture Voice/ Fax / Modem traffic from the 2-wire Analog interface. However, this capture solution requires the purchase of T1 / E1 Analyzer.
- GL's 2-Wire Voice Recorder with Dual UTA HD - The Voice Recorder Software is primarily used in conjunction with Dual UTA HD (High Density) hardware device to capture the voice/modem/fax data manually / automatically from the 2-wire Analog interface.
The recorded PCM voice/data files can be analyzed using GL Insight™ Modem and Fax Analysis Software for 2-wire Analog interface and Adobe Audition (third-party application) for voice files analysis.
Over IP - Similarly, for fax and modem analysis over IP, the captured files can be obtained using GL's PacketScan™ - VoIP analyzer.
Who Benefits from GLInsight™?
- GL's PacketScan™ – PacketScan™ software supports capturing and decoding of Fax (T.38 data) calls over VoIP. PacketScan™ fax decodes can be viewed in the form of T.38 call graph and call summary with decoded information for all T.38 messages received on the call. The captured fax calls by PacketScan™ can also be analyzed using GLInsight™ by saving the fax calls directly in (*.PCAP) Ethereal file format
Equipment Developers (Gateways, RAS, Fax Servers, etc.)
- Provides bottom-up deep diagnosis of the call
e.g. (fax): provide info from data pump layer up to tiff picture
- Helps solve interoperability issues
- Diagnoses physical layer problems
- Diagnoses network layer problems
Service Providers (Mobile Operators, ISPs, WISPs, Carriers & Operators)
- Non-intrusive IP network diagnosis
- High packet loss rate
- High jitter
- Non-intrusive TDM network diagnosis
- Echo path
- Echo canceller performance
- Indicates possible location of problems
- Enables demodulation and analysis of Data (Modem), Fax, Mobile Fax, Mobile Data, and VoIP transmissions over TDM and IP networks
- Offline analysis of TDM & IP captured files
- Mixed Fax-over-IP using T.38/G.711 and Fax-over-PSTN Cross Analysis
- Mixed Modem over IP (Using G.711) and Modem over PSTN Cross Analysis
- Time synchronization performed on PSTN and IP signals
- Cross analysis of two networks
- Provides bottom-up deep diagnosis of calls to solve interoperability issues
- Diagnoses physical and network layer problems
- Non-intrusive IP/TDM network diagnosis of high packet loss rate, high jitter, echo path, and echo canceller performance, to indicate possible locations of problems
- Supported on Windows OS (7 / 8.1 / 10 PRO - 32-bit and 64-bit)