GL’s RTP Core allows creating, managing and deleting RTP sessions. RTP Core is a stand-alone application that acts as an interface between RTP Dll and the integrating applications such as GL’s MAPS™, VQuad™, and RTP ToolBox™. The product is available with the following options:
- RTP traffic simulation for IMS/IP Network (PKS102, PKS106, PKS107, PKS108, PKS200, PKS211) over SIP, SIP I, MGCP, MEGACO, BICC over IP interfaces
- RTP traffic simulation for Wireless Network (PKS102, PKS103, PKS108, PKS200) over UMTS IuCS & IuH, GSM A and Abis over IP interfaces
RTP Dll uses the RTP protocol to carry the media streams including real-time audio, voice files, video, DTMF/MF digits, tones, IVR, FAX, impairments, and loopback traffic over created sessions. Currently, RTP video traffic simulation is supported in MAPS™ SIP application only. RTCP is used to monitor transmission statistics and quality of service (QoS). Different RTCP packets are also generated at random intervals carrying all control information about the session.
GL’s RTP Core provides option to run pre-defined RTP Action Scripts automating the traffic actions to be performed on the sessions. One good example of these scripts is IVR applications.
Customize RTP packet transmission over traffic sessions with the codec type, sampling rate, voice payload type, RFC 2833 payload type, comfort noise payload type, packetization time (ptime), SSRC, timestamp, and sequence number. On receiving session, users can specify the jitter buffer size and the amount of delay. On Tx session, users can also assign Quality Of Service (QoS) control values, such as precedence, delay, throughput, and reliability to the stream. Additionally, GL's PacketScan™ provides the ability to monitor / record signaling, audio (wav files), and video (in QuickTime *.qt format) data over IP network to perform powerful audio/video analysis per call.
With the purchase of RTP Core license (PKS102), MAPS™ supports transmission and detection of various RTP traffic such as, digits, single tone, dual tones, FAX, IVR, and voice. With additional licenses, Video (PKS106) and Fax traffic can also be simulated over the established RTP sessions. Currently, RTP Video simulation is supported in MAPS™ SIP only. The RTP core also provides useful voice call quality metrics such as Listening and Conversational Quality MOS scores - MOS-LQ, MOS-CQ, and Listening and Conversational Quality R factors - R-LQ, R-CQ. Estimates are based on the ITU G.107 E Model.
With GL’s HD RTP traffic generation capability (PKS109), MAPS™ can achieve high volume calls. This requires a specialized 2U rack system with integrated HD NIC (w/ 4x 1 GigE). MAPS™ HD RTP network appliance can easily achieve more than 20,000 endpoints per appliance (5000 per port).
For more details, please visit Packetscan™ All IP Packet Analyzer webpage.
- Create, manage RTP sessions and generate and receive RTP traffic over the sessions with complete automation capability
- Transmit and receive pre-recorded video traces with video codecs like H.264, H.263 etc. **
- Transmit and receive pre-recorded voice files, and live voice
- RTP based Voice Quality (MOS and R-Factor) measurement for the received streams
- Customize codec options (payload type, ptime) over Tx/Rx sessions. All Voice Codecs are supported (Visit Voice Codecs webpage for more comprehensive information).
- Talk using Microphone - allows the user to generate live voice
- "Play to Speaker" streams voice to a speaker
- Transmit and receive FAX files in T.30 pass-through mode. Fax over UDPTL transport using T38 protocol (compliant with ITU-T T.38 (03/2002)) operates at the maximum of 33.6 kbps speed **
- Loopback real-time voice traffic (all received traffic is retransmitted as sent traffic)
- Generation and Detection of RTP Events per RFC-2833 & RFC-4733 such as Answering Tone, Calling Tone, Special Dial Tone and other Call Progress Tones
- Generation of user-configurable impairments over established RTP calls such as
- Latency - Fixed, Uniform, and Normal Distributed
- Packet Loss - periodic, random, and burst
- Packet Effects - Out-of-order and Duplicate packets
- Supports RTP traffic implementation over Iu-UP (Iu User Plane Interface) layer of the UMTS IuCs Network **
- Supports RTP traffic as per ED-137B of EUROCAE standards used for voice communication in Air Traffic Control networks *
- Calculates and provides RTP voice quality metrics such as Listening MOS, Conversational MOS, Jitter, delay, lost packets, duplicate packets, discarded packets, and out of order packets on each session
- Detailed statistical information of RTP and RTCP packets
- Jitter Buffer implementation for the received traffic to give near real time affect
- Different RTCP packets are also generated at random intervals carrying control information about the session.
- In-band Digit transmission & detection (DTMF and MF digits)
- Out-band Digit transmission & detection (all events defined as per RFC2833 and RFC4733)
- Tone transmission & detection (single, dual and user defined tones)
- Loopback traffic
- Supports High Density RTP Traffic Generation (requires PKS109 licenses)