The Dual Universal Telephony Adapter (Dual UTA) is a comprehensive hardware device designed to interface and test the voice and data quality of telecommunication networks. The Dual UTA features all the circuitry necessary to universally adapt to any telephony instrumentation, such as standard Plain Old Telephone Systems (POTS), digital hybrid interfaces, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) networks, wireless cellular phones and mobile radios including devices that utilize Bluetooth®, Broadband 3G/4G, LTE technologies.
As the name implies the Dual UTA contains a Side 1 and a Side 2. These sides are completely independent of each other so interfacing with endpoints of a single network or interfacing with two completely separate networks are plausible scenarios.
Used in conjunction with GL's VQuad™ software application, the Dual UTA simplifies end-to-end testing of voice, data, video quality, Echo & Delay measurements, and FAX in variety of networks, including Wireless (Bluetooth®, Wi-fi, 3G, 4G, LTE, PTT), VoIP, Analog, and TDM, practically allowing any end-point interfaces.
- Wireless communication devices (Mobile phones, Smart phones (iPhone, Android), Military/Mobile radio, Bluetooth®, WiMax, WiFi, Broadband 3G/4G, LTE))
- Mobile Phones:
- Bluetooth™® – Works with all Bluetooth™® phones for both call control and send/record audio functions. Bluetooth™® also performs RSSI, Battery level functions, Network verification. Supports Bluetooth Wideband (WB) with 16000 sampling rate.*
- Mobile audio interface for Smartphones (iPhone, Android) – includes Audio Headset Jack - 2.5mm (typical) for mobile phones, 3.5mm terminations for Smartphones (iPhone, Android)
- Mobile Radios with Push-to-Talk (PTT) functionality: Provides radio keying and sends/records audio.
- 2-wire Analog Simulation (RJ-11 FXO port) for connecting to ATA, PSTN, Switch Router
- Detect dial tone, go off hook, CallerID detection, send digits (two stage dialing), answer calls, detect a variety of Special Information Tones (SIT), and much more as well as send/record audio for Voice Quality measurement.
- Handset Phones (POTS, Digital, VoIP): Replaces handset of any telephone (POTS, Digital, VoIP) that contains a coiled cord and handset
- Balanced I/O for connecting to a VoIP Softphone, Head and Torso Simulator (HATS), or any device supporting audio.
- Dual UTA 2-wire FXO or 4-wire analog interfaces supporting Fax testing
* Bluetooth® Wideband support requires newer generation DUAL UTA hardware and firmware upgrades. Contact GL for more details.
- Send/Record audio for Voice and Data Testing, Echo Measurements over TDM, VoIP, and Wireless networks
- Network One-way delay measurements. (collocated or geographically separated)
- Network Round Trip Delay (RTD) measurements. (collocated or geographically separated)
- Echo measurement and analysis using Echo Measurement Utility (EMU)
- Automated Data Testing (NetTest) including TCP, UDP capacity, VoIP, Route, HTTP, FTP, DNS and SMS
- Acoustic echo canceller testing
- Automatic control of Push-to-talk phones/radios (key/unkey radio)
- Ability to generate and receive T.30 faxes using the Dual UTA 2-wire FXO or 4-wire analog interfaces. Fax testing for additional interfaces such as T1/E1 and VoIP (T.38) are coming soon.