GL's IPNetSim™ Handheld is a hand-held battery operated instrument that can simulate the real-time IP and Carrier Ethernet network dynamics by means of hardware controlled packet delay, loss, jitter, errors, bandwidth limitations, congestion, and duplication. IPNetSim™ Handheld offers to manage network behaviors of up to 1 Gbps rates with accuracy always better than 1ms.
IPNetSim™ Handheld is an invaluable tool for IP equipment manufacturers, R&D departments, Network Operators, ISP and Triple Play service providers that test and verify a wide variety of projects to determine whether a network application or device is appropriate for operation in such networks.
IPNetSim™ Handheld is equipped with hardware based impairments generator, and dual GbE ports, to emulate the dynamics of real Ethernet / IP networks.
- Shape and manage up to 16 independent flows of traffic with predefined QoS.
- Impairment generation on each flow including Latency, Packet Loss, Duplication, Delay, Jitter
- Impairments as per ITU-T Y.1541 standard
- Jumbo frames support up to 17 kBytes
- Traffic shaping and Traffic Policing
- Events: Packet loss, delay, error, duplication, jitter, bandwidth limitations, and congestion,
- Events are implemented at Ethernet layer
- Users can place errors within IP protocols or edit the Ethernet/IP fields
- Customizable filters defined by field contents on Ethernet, IP, UDP and TCP headers
- Configurable, either deterministic or random, time delays can be inserted in every filter
- Ability to replicate complex network dynamic by means of modifying Bandwidth and QoS parameters
- Capable of processing and computing statistics over fractions of the Ethernet traffic meeting specific conditions
- Detailed event log window with per flow viewing of the events.
- Remote access via VNC
- Verify the tolerance and the quality of video, audio or data applications either working in development laboratories or directly connected to commercial networks
- Test QoS factors of Multi-play applications including critical Data Access, Video Streaming, Internet, VoIP, IMS, HDTV, and IPTV
- Test routers, switches, VoIP handsets, VoIP PBXs, set-top boxes, and VoD servers
- Evaluate the stability of switches and routers under static or dynamic traffic load conditions over minutes, hours ordays.
- Quality of Service (QoS), Quality of Experience (QoE) testing
- Satellite communications
- Submarine links