The GL's LinkTest™ Dual E1 is a handheld dual-port tester for E1 and data communications (V.11 / X.24, V.24/RS232, V.35, V.36/RS449, EIA-530, EIA-530A) interfaces. Port A is full featured 2048 kb/s interface. On the other hand, Port B usage is configurable (2048 kb/s TX/RX, co-directional, clock input). The LinkTest™ Dual E1 has an external DC input but it also has internal batteries. This makes this tester suitable for field testing applications.
With the support of a large range of software options for E1 services and sub rate multiplexing system, this handheld unit provides a scalable test solution for E1 and data testing. It provides a large, clear screen with a full set of physical layer tests for E1 balanced and unbalanced circuits including BERT, VF, round trip delay and signal level.
- Multi-interface capability: V.24/RS232, V.11/X.24, V.35, V.36/RS449,
- Supports ITU-T G.711 encoding with A law, G.703 (E1 2.048 Mbit/s), G.704, G.703 co-directional
- ITU-T G.821, G.826, and M.2100 performance analysis
- Supported Line codes – HDB3 (High-density bipolar with three zeroes), AMI (Alternate mark inversion)
- Rugged, hand-held, battery operated, low-cost, and software upgradable design for field use
- Carry out generation and analysis of both framed signals (as per ITU-T G.704) and unframed tests
- Collection of call records from remote locations
- CAS signaling generation and monitoring
- Extensive error detection and alarm generation for detecting bit errors, frame errors, signal defects and anomalies
- Error Insertion at physical level, frame level, and patter level – Modes are Single, Rate, Burst or Continuous burst
- BER patterns - PRBS 11, PRBS 15, PRBS 20, PRBS 23, All 1 or their inverted versions
- VF tone generation and measurement, drop and insert
- Frequency, clock slip, round trip delay, and signal level measurement
- Jitter measurement as per ITU-T G.823 standard
- Pulse mask testing as per ITU-T G.703 standard
- Reports and generates all events to verify your circuit performance, including frequency level and other functions to ensure a healthy support of any customer applications
- Reports can be generated in PDF and Text formats
The LinkTest™ Dual E1 tester is a simple to use, rugged handset, used for installation, commissioning and maintenance of digital networks. The unit is an excellent tester for network operators, contractors and enterprise users who have to manage fixed and mobile networks that are using E1 and Datacom backhaul circuits.
The main applications include digital voice and data testing, jitter measurement, wander measurement, and pulse mask compliance. It can be used for maintaining and troubleshooting PDH, Synchronization, and Datacom links. Upgradable software via an integrated USB interface is offered.