V5.x is a switching and signaling telecommunication protocol between Access Network (AN) and Local Exchange (LE) and operates only on E1 circuits.
GL's V5.x analyzer can be used to capture and analyze a stream of frames from the link between LE and AN. The analyzer provides V5.x based on ETSI / ITU standard in order to decode according to the corresponding standards. Supports capturing and decoding of LAPV5, ISDN Call Signaling - Q.93 as layer 3, Link Control Protocol (LCP), Protection Protocol (PP), Bearer Channel Connection (BCC), and PSTN
- Real-time V5.x Analyzer (Pre-requisites: GL's field proven E1 or T1 internal cards or USB Laptop E1 or T1 external units, required licenses and Windows XP (or higher) Operating System).
- Remote /Offline V5.x Analyzers (Pre-requisites: Hardware Dongle, and Windows XP (or higher) Operating System).
GL Communications supports the following types of V5.x analyzers:
V 5.x Analyzer Main Features
Additional features supported by real-time/remote V5.x are:
- Displays Summary, Detail, Hex-dump, Statistics, and Call Trace Views, the contents of this view can also be copied to clipboard.
- Summary View displays LAPV5.x information and V5.x messages.
- Detail View displays easy to understand decodes of user selected frame from the Summary View.
- Hex dump View displays the frame information in HEX and ASCII format the contents of this view can also be copied to clipboard.
- Statistics View displays statistics based on frame count, byte count, frames/sec, bytes/sec etc for the entire capture data.
- Call Detail Records isolates call specific information i.e. status of each call (i.e. Active/Completed), duration of completed call, Device No, Timeslot, Call ID, Call Status and Layer 3 Address.
- Call Detail Recording feature includes data link groups that help in defining the direction of the calls in a given network and form logical groups comprised of unidirectional (either 'Forward' or 'Backward') data links.
- Capability to export Summary View details to comma separated values (CSV) format for subsequent import into a database or spreadsheet.
- Capability to export detail decodes information to an ASCII file.
- Supports filter and search based on LAPV5 parameters and Q.933 layer parameters such as C/R, SAPI, EF Address, CTL, P/F, Call Reference #, ISDN Message Type, Called Party Number, Channel Number, Progress Description.
- Any protocol field can be added to the summary view, filtering, and search features providing users more flexibility to monitor required protocol fields.
- Remote monitoring capability using GL's Network Surveillance System.
Additional features supported by Offline V5.x Analyzer:
- Supports capturing and decoding of LAPV5, ISDN Call Signaling - Q.93 as layer 3, Link Control Protocol (LCP), Protection Protocol (PP), Bearer Channel Connection (BCC), and PSTN.
- Streams can be captured on the selected time slots (contiguous or non-contiguous), sub-channels or full bandwidth. Frames may also be contained in either one, n x 64 kbps, or n x 56 kbps data channels.
- The following variations are accommodated in the software: inverted or non-inverted data, byte reversal or non-reversal.
- Supports decoding of frames with FCS of 16 bits and 32 bits, or none.
- Recorded trace files can be played back using HDLC Playback application.
- Multiple remote clients may access a single T1/E1 server. Also, the T1/E1 server is fully functional while being accessed as a server. Thus, a user may perform T1/E1 operations locally on the server while a client is accessing the same server, in real time. (For Remote Analyzers only).
- Supports real-time filtering based on the frame length value.
- Multiple streams of V5.x traffic on various T1/E1 channels can be simultaneously decoded with different GUI instances.
- Trace files for analysis can be loaded through simple command-line arguments.
- Multiple trace files can be loaded simultaneously with different GUI instances for offline analysis.