The PPP Analyzer captures a host of PPP protocols exchanged between the two nodes over T3/E3 links & provides useful analysis, which includes distribution of protocols, protocol fields, frame lengths and frame status. User can obtain detailed analysis of the protocol and can perform various statistics measurements.
The GL's PPP Analyzer can be used to capture and decode a host of PPP protocols exchanged between pairs of nodes over T3/E3/Serial Data Communications links. It provides useful analysis of the PPP, MLPPP, and MC-MLPPP protocols which includes distribution of protocols, protocol fields, frame lengths and frame status.
A user can obtain detail analysis of the protocol and can perform various statistics measurements. PPP analyzer also supports Packet Data Analysis module (requires additional license) to perform detail analysis of PPP packets over IP and segregates them into SIP / H323 / Megaco / MGCP / T.38 Fax calls.
- Supports a host of protocols PPP, IPCP, BCP, BPDU, PAP, CHAP, HTTP, SNMP, STUN, FTP, DNS, and DHCP
- Ability to test and perform numerous measurements across WAN- LAN or LAN-LAN connection
- Ability to test and analyze HDLC based PPP protocol in synchronous environment
- Search and filtering capabilities for both real-time as well as offline analysis.
- Provides Summary, Detail, Statistics, and Hex dump views.
- Summary view provides the information about few important fields (Dev #, Layer 3 Protocol, LCP message type and higher protocol specific information like Destination and Source IP address, Destination and Source TCP as well as UDP port details, HTTP/FTP message type, and so on)
- Statistics view displays statistics based on frame count, byte count, frames/sec, bytes/sec etc for the entire capture data.
- Hex Dump View displays raw frame data as hexadecimal and ASCII octet dump.
- Detail View displays decodes of a user-selected frames from the Summary View; the contents of this view can also be copied to clipboard
- Also supports Packet Data Analysis module for real-time IP call analysis including SIP, RTP, MEGACO, H.323, & MGCP, & T.38 Fax calls
- Detailed information of all the captured Frames or only the filtered frames can be exported to ASCII file for the further off-line analysis and printed.
- Capability to export summary as well as detail information to an ASCII file for subsequent import into a database or spreadsheet
- Ability to capture and decode both PPP routed protocols, PPP bridged protocols
- User can decode frames from the recorded trace files and can be played back using HDLC playback application.
- RFC 1661 PPP links in HDLC framing
- RFC 1662 PPP links in HDLC framing