The Monosize Droplet Generator MDG100 produces a stream of uniform size drops in the range of 50 µm to 300 µm.
The Monosize Droplet Generator MDG100 relies upon the principle of applying a constant periodic excitation to a laminar liquid jet, which causes surface waves to form and grow as the jet slows down. Breakup into a single droplet per surface wave period thus occurs. This is an established technique of mono-size droplet generation and is commonly used for fundamental droplet studies like vaporization, combustion, levitation, and surface interaction. It is also useful for verification and calibration checks for various instruments.
- Fundamental droplet vaporization studies
- Fundamental droplet combustion studies
- Fundamental droplet-surface interaction studies
- Verification checks
- MDG head
- Frequency source
- Syringe and pump
- 2D stage
Features & Benefits
- Multiple stable points for each orifice and frequency
- Two-component stage included for precise positioning of the droplet jet
- Easily replaceable syringe minimizes cross contamination