The Thermatool™ CFI High Frequency Welder is the most reliable Solid State tube and pipe welder on the market. With over a thousand CFI High Frequency Welder installed worldwide at fixed frequencies between 150 and 800kHz, CFI Welders are the most advanced, field proven HF Welder available for tube and pipe production. Every Thermatool™ HF Welder is backed by world-leading weld process and materials knowledge, providing each customer the best approach to meeting challenging welding application needs.
Weld at the frequency of your choice – CFI (Current-Fed Inverter) technology removes the higher limits inherent in voltage-fed solid-state machines. CFI offers the traditional frequencies of 200, 300 and 400 kHz for high and low tensile steel and aluminum products and higher frequencies for applications such as small diameter, thin-wall copper, aluminum, and brass.
Work safer – CFI technology involves 50% lower voltages than vacuum tube and voltage-fed inverters, thus reducing the hazardous exposure. Low-water flow, over-temperature, over-voltage and safe circuit protection provides for safer plant personnel and system components
Performance – Foremost in the minds of our designers and engineers is performance. Our solution is to design and build welders with the capability to meet even the most diverse demands. The wide range of welding frequencies at which they can operate means they – and you – can meet the changing needs of a busy mill with speed, efficiency and economy.
- Patented full range Thermatool™ AutoMatch™ ensures full power output over wide range of product sizes
- Simplified touchscreen operator display provides full control of all HF Welder functions
- Power set-point maintained within 0.5%
- Fixed frequency maintained within 1.0%
- Excellent low weld power output stability and regulation for welding at mill jog speeds (as low as 1% power)
- Power factor over 0.95
- High efficiency rating of 85%
- Available with dual induction/contact output
- DC Ripple less than 0.5%
- Low harmonic distortion rectifier
- Standard speed/power control simplifies operation and significantly reduces scrap through accurate control of weld power in relation to mill speed at start-up and ramp down
- Short-circuit tolerant CFI technology ensures reliable operation through coil arc-overs
- Stabilized HF weld frequency (HF Weld frequency is a proven key process parameter that must be controlled)
- Highest reliability
- Simple, modular design and packaging (reduces spare parts stocking requirements)
- Sealed cabinet, designed for real-world tube and pipe mill environments