High Optical Performance and a Built-In Swivel Bracket for Easy and Precise Alignment
Cutler-Hammer 55 Series Photoelectric Sensors are identical to Eaton's 50 Series except without the interchangeable outputs or logic functions. They offer durability and high optical performance in a costeffective, self-contained package. The 55 Series features sensors with AC and DC operation in a single unit. A relay option is available on these models that provides a 3 Amp SPDT relay output for high current switching.
Sensors are available that in thrubeam, reflex, polarized reflex, diffuse reflective and fiber optic sensing modes. Each sensor features a built-in swivel bracket for easy mounting and to allow precise adjustment of the sensor alignment.
- High optical performance includes 100-foot (30.5m) thru-beam range and 6-foot (1.8m) diffuse reflective range
- Both AC and DC operation in a single unit
- Short circuit protected solid-state outputs on AC/DC and DC-only versions (except thru-beam)
- Relay output option provides 3 Amp current switching on AC/DC models
- Thru-beam models feature an infrared sensing beam along with a visible red LED behind the lens in the source unit to aid in sensor alignment
- Fiber optic sensors operate in thru-beam or diffuse reflective mode depending on the fiber optic cable selected
- Glass fiber optic cables plug into NEMA 4 rated sockets on the front of the sensor. Sockets are leakproof even when the fiber optic cables are not plugged in
- Fully potted construction for use in areas subject to washdown, high shock and/or vibration
- Choice of pre-wired power cable or built-in mini-connector versions. Standard pre-wired cable length is 6 feet (1.8m)
- Built-in, patented, 360° rotation 10° tilt ball-swivel base