The Ultraprobe® 100 is the perfect fit for someone looking for cost-effective analog ultrasonic inspection technology. The Ultraprobe senses high frequency sounds produced by operating equipment, leaks and electrical discharges. It then electronically translates these signals by heterodyning them down into the audible range so that a user can hear these sounds through a headset and see them as intensity increments on the Ultraprobe “gun’s” LED meter. Heterodyning works the same as a radio in that it accurately converts the high frequency sounds down into the audible range so that they are easily recognized and understood.
The advantage of the Ultraprobe® 100 is that it is light, portable and easy to use. Plus it is an ultrasound sensing instrument. Ultrasound produces a high frequency, short wave signal. When compared with the sounds we humans can hear, the size of the sound waves are extremely small. This technology coming through the Ultraprobe® 100 provides the following advantages:
- Ultrasound is very directional
- Ultrasound can be easily blocked or shielded
- The Ultraprobe® 100 can be used in noisy environments
- The Ultraprobe® 100 can detect equipment changes and provide warning of potential problems
- The Ultraprobe® 100 is VERY easy to use