The MIB 303 separator features a new design concept for solid-bowl separators. Advanced manufacturing, design and drive technologies have contributed to a separator more compact and lightweight than conventional solid-bowl models.
The MIB 303 separation system is designed for centrifugal separation of sludge and water from mineral oil.The separator is designed for oils with a maximum density of 920 kg/m3 at 15°C. The maximum separation temperature for gas oil and marine diesel oil is +40°C, and for lubricating oil +70°C, since this is the max. separation temperature for the separator.
- No lock ring. Requires only small mechanical force on opening/assembling of the bowl.
- New design allows the bowl wall to be taken out and cleaned with the disc stack still in place.
- New lightweight materials in bowl and discs.
- Direct drive with motor speed controlled by a frequency converter eliminates gears or belts.
- Requires no lubrication.
- The cleaned oil is discharged under pressure, due to the built-in paring disc pump.
- Frequency converter with built-in voltage protector.
- Easy to install, operate and maintain. No special training required.
- Small dimensions allow installation in narrow spaces.
- Removal of solid impurities extends intervals between filter replacements, which saves filter costs and reduces filter disposal handling.
- Removal of water from mineral oil improves the reliability of the oil system. It also reduces the risk of bacterial growth in tanks that could clog the filters.
- Electronics protected from voltage variations.
The MIB 303 separator is available as a purifier or a clarifier in stand-alone and module versions. There is also a choice between 230 V AC and 110 V AC. In the module version the ancillary equipment mentioned above is built together with the separator to form a compact unit.