- Provides a leak-tight barrier to the operator while weighing potent fine powders
- Have inlet and outlet HEPA filters
- Built-in blower speed control capable of airflow from 13 CFM to 100 CFM (22.1 m³/hr to 170 m³/hr)
- 0.05 ppm average tracer gas levels or less detected during perimeter scan testing
- Airborne particulate cleanliness exceeds ISO Class 5 conditions and achieves ISO Class 3 conditions
- Vibrations less than .00015 inches (0.004 mm) displacement measured at the work surface at all airflow volumes
- Balance stability to five decimal places on an analytical balance
- Leak-tested with a mass spectrometer while pressurized with helium at 1 inch of water gauge.
- Reduces static discharge via an anti-static ionizer fan
Labconco's XPert Boxes allow the operator to work with hazardous airborne particulates or powders. They can also be used for cleanroom applications with materials sensitive to airborne particulates and requiring ISO Class 3 conditions. These boxes have use in pharmaceutical research, nanotechnology and biochemistry. Microorganisms, low-level radiochemicals, chemical carcinogens and asbestos may also be used in these boxes. These boxes include an anti-static ionizer fan to reduce static charge and a balance vibration isolator, both useful during weighing operations.
Inlet and Outlet HEPA Filters and Ducting
The inlet and outlet HEPA filters are 99.99% efficient on 0.3 micron particulates. They also prevent contamination from entering or leaving the glove box chamber. These glove boxes are also designed to return filtered air to the laboratory. There is an optional FilterMate Portable Exhauster that may be installed via a ductwork downstream of the exhaust to adsorb low levels of organic fumes, formaldehyde, or ammonia gases. The glove boxes can also be thimble ducted and exhausted to the outside using a remote-mounted blower.
Built-In Blower with Speed Control
This makes airflow capable from 13 CFM to 100CFM (22.1 m³/hr to 170 m³/hr). It pulls air through the inlet HEPA filter and discharges HEPA-filtered air back into the laboratory through the top of the box. This negative pressure operation ensures that all internally-contaminated air passes through the exhaust HEPA filter before returning to the laboratory.
Particulate –Free ISO Class 3 Air
Particulate counts in the work area conform to ISO 14644-1, providing ISO Class 3 conditions at both minimum and maximum operational airflow volumes (35 particulates at 0.5 micron size per cubic meter of air volume).