P-K's Tubular Vacuum Dryers (TVD's) can process (dry and/or polymerize in the solid state) free-flowing solid material more rapidly than conventional vacuum dryers and solids stating system because of their greatly increased heat transfer surface area (typically between 3 and 7 times larger than similar sized traditional systems). Factors such as increased operating temperature and vacuum capacity also play an important role. The wide range of sizes available allow both high-volume processors and smaller-scale custom processors to enjoy the benefits obtainable from using these dryers/solids stators.
You can develop the proper processing times by testing your materials in the PK Customer Service Laboratory.
- Very large heat transfer surface area to volume range for short processing times.
- Constant heat transfer surface area to volume ratio throughout the product range (Factor 20). This results in constant process times between the lab and production size systems.
- Drying and solid stating of PET
- Drying and Solid Stating of Nylon
- Short process cycles.
- Replaces 4 to 5 traditional systems.
- Fully integrated controls and heating vacuum skids.
- Efficient use of floor space, reduced capital investment, and a more desirable process cycle.