Carlisle Interconnect Technologies launched the SMP “push-on” connector product line about two decades ago to facilitate dense packaging within RF/Microwave systems. The SMP interface has enabled design engineers to increase performance and complexity of their designs and improve upon their form factor. The SMP interconnect series relies on a floating female-to-female adapter—commonly referred to as a “bullet”—to enable stacking of boards equipped with an SMP male PCB connector. This durable construction and ability to tolerate radial and axial misalignment allows for a blindmate interconnect solution. SMP connectors can also withstand multiple engagement/disengagement cycles without degradation in electrical performance.
- Frequency Range: DC - 40 GHz
- 50 Ω Impedance; Blidmateable configuration
- MIL-PRF-39012 compliant
- Ability to withstand Radial/Axial Misalignment
- Board-mount, Field-replaceable, Bullets, Hermetic and
Cable Connector configurations
- Custom Connectors Available