- No Gap - 360° retaining surface
- No protruding ears to interfere with mating components (uniform cross-section)
- Economically produced in stainless steel because the coiling process produces no scrap
- No-Tooling-Charges™ on custom designs
- Easy to assemble and remove
- No gap or lugs provide for a functional and aesthetically pleasing ring
- Can operate in an internal and external groove at the same time
Spirolox Retaining Rings, also known as Spiral Retaining Rings, are available exclusively from Smalley.
Spirals have no ears to interfere with mating components in your assembly. Spirals are manufactured by coiling the ring from flat wire. Because coiling produces a retaining ring with no scrap, the Smalley Ring can be economically produced in carbon steel, stainless steel, coppers, and many other alloys.
Smalley offers over 6,000 standard rings, which are readily available in both carbon and stainless steel. If you require custom designs, take advantage of Smalley's No-Tooling-Cost process; a process perfect for large runs, prototypes and midstream design changes.
Whatever your application, Smalley has the cost-effective and innovative design solution.
Spiral retaining rings are interchangeable with ordinary snap ring (Circlip) grooves. Find the right ring for your application by visiting our Interchange Listing page.
Many original equipment manufacturers have set groove dimensions specifically for the WHT & WST Series Spirolox Retaining Ring. While easier to install, this retaining ring series has load carrying ratings close to our heavy duty retaining ring designs.
1/2"-10 1/2" Diameters
Carbon and Stainless Steel