Skyworks SKY77601 is a hybrid multimode, multiband Power Amplifier Module (PAM). The device is intended to support 2.5G and 3G handsets and operates efficiently in GSM, EGPRS, EDGE WCDMA modes.
For 2.5G, the SKY77601 supports the GSM850, EGSM900, DCS1800, and PCS1900 bands. The device also supports 2.5G Class 12 Enhanced General Packet Radio Service (EGPRS) multislot operation and EDGE linear modulation.
For 3G, the PAM uses Load Insensitive Power Amplifier (LIPA®) circuitry to support WCDMA, High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), and High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) modulation at a high antenna Voltage Standing-Wave Ratio (VSWR). This functionality covers multiple bands for 3GPP including bands I, II, V, and VIII.
RF input and output ports are internally matched to 50 Ω to reduce the number of external components. Extremely low leakage current maximizes handset standby time.
The InGaP die, the silicon die, and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The assembly is encapsulated with plastic overmold.
The device is mounted in a 34-pin, 6 x 8 mm MCM Surface- Mounted Technology (SMT) package, which allows for a highly manufacturable low-cost solution.
- Hybrid architecture: separate GSM and WCDMA paths
- Separate single-ended GSM and WCDMA inputs/outputs, all ACcoupled
- Multiplexed voltage detector for all modes/bands provided to transceiver
- Fully programmable serial bus interface
- Final VCC stage for 2.5G/3G can be attached to battery or buck DC/DC
- Driver stage for 3G can be attached to battery or buck DC/DC
- 2.5G features:
- EGPRS Class 12 multi-slot operation
- Log power detector
- Linear PA with bias optimization for efficiency/linearity tradeoff in 8-PSK mode
- 3G features:
- WCDMA mode supports output power and bandwidth for bands I, II, V, and VIII
- Linear detector
- Linear balanced with bias optimization and low/high mode gain switch for best efficiency/linearity trade-off
- Small footprint, MCM (34-pin, 6 x 8 mm) Pb-free (MSL3, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020) SMT package