The SKY85716-11 is a highly integrated, 5 GHz front-end module (FEM) incorporating a 5 GHz single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) transmit/receive (T/R) switch, a 5 GHz low-noise amplifier (LNA) with bypass, and a 5 GHz power amplifier (PA) intended for mobile/portable 802.11n/ac applications and systems.
An enable/disable function is included that allows power savings during off mode. An integrated logarithmic power detector with 20 dB of dynamic range is included to provide closed-loop power control within the system when operating in either high power mode or power save mode.
The device is provided in a compact, 16-pin, 2.3 x 2.3 x 0.33 mm Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) package.
- Fully matched, with integrated 5 GHz PA with harmonic, LNA with bypass mode and SPDT switch
- Integrated, positive slope logarithmic power detector. Detector output reverts to high impedance when not in use.
- High-power and Power-save modes
- Transmit gain: 30 dB
- Receive gain: 11 dB
- Output power: +17.5 dBm, MCS7, HT20
- Output power: +16 dBm, MCS9, HT80
- Small, QFN (16-pin, 2.3 x 2.3 x 0.33 mm) package (MSL1, 260°C per JEDEC J-STD-020)