The SKY77661-11 is a hybrid, multimode multiband (MMMB) Power Amplifier Module (PAM) that supports 2.5G and 3G/4G handsets and operates efficiently in GSM, EGPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, and LTE modes. The PAM consists of a GSM 800/EGSM 900 PA block, a DCS1800/PCS1900 PA block, separate WCDMA blocks operating in low and high bands, a logic control block for multiple power control levels, and band enable functions in both cellular and UMTS. RF I/O ports are internally matched to 50 to minimize the number of external components. Extremely low leakage current maximizes handset standby time. The InGaP/GaAs die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate and the assembly encapsulated in plastic overmold.
GSM/ EDGE (Dual Mode): The SKY77661-11 uses a new compact architecture supporting the GSM850, EGSM900, DCS1800 and PCS1900 bands. The PAM also supports 2.5G Class 12 Enhanced General Packet Radio Service (EGPRS) multi-slot operation and EDGE linear modulation.
VRAMP MODE: In GMSK modes, the PA controller provides envelope amplitude control as a function of VRAMP and reduces sensitivity to input drive, temperature, power supply, and process variation. Skyworks' Finger-based Integrated Power Amplifier Control (FB-iPAQ) minimizes output power variation into mismatch.
In EDGE modes, VRAMP voltage and MIPI-based bias settings optimize PA linearity and efficiency.
WCDMA: The SKY77661-11 uses enhanced architecture to support WCDMA, High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) and LTE modulations; cover multiple bands for 3GPP, including bands 1, 2, 4, 5 and 8 and operate at different power modes. The module is fully controlled through MIPI interface.
TD-SCDMA/TDD LTE: The SKY77661-11 uses an enhanced architecture that supports TD-SCDMA bands 34/39 and TDD LTE band 39.
LTE: The SKY77661-11 meets spectral linearity requirements of LTE modulation with QPSK/16QAM up to 20 MHz bandwidth, including various resource block allocations, with good power-added efficiency.
- Hybrid architecture: separate GSM, WCDMA paths
- 50 ohm input and output impedances, integrated DC blocking on all ports
- Separate single-ended GSM and WCDMA inputs and outputs
- CMOS-compatible, two-wire MIPI logic inputs (SCLK, SDATA)
- VCC stages for 2.5G can attach to battery or buck DC/DC
- Small, low profile package: 7 mm x 4 mm x 0.8 mm, 44-pad configuration
- 2.5G FEATURES:
- EGPRS Class 12 multi-slot operation
- Four RF POUT control levels using RFFE interface
- Linear PA with bias optimization for efficiency/linearity trade-off in 8-PSK mode
- Dual mode GSM PA with VRAMP for efficiency/linearity trade off in 8-PSK mode
- 3G FEATURES:
- WCDMA mode supports output power, bandwidth for bands 1, 25, 3, 4, 34/39, 26, 8 (and sub-bands 2, 5) through an integrated band-select switch
- Digital bias optimization through RFFE interface for best efficiency/linearity tradeoff
- 4G FEATURES:
- - Optimized for Average Power Tracking system
- LTE supports output power bandwidth bands 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41 (and sub-bands 2, 9, 5, 10, 17, 18, 19,)