Skyworks SKY77645-21 SkyLiTE™ is a multimode multiband (MMMB) Power Amplifier Module (PAM) that supports 3G / 4G handsets and operates efficiently in CDMA, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, and LTE modes. The module is fully programmable through a Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI®).
The PAM consists of a WCDMA / LTE block for low, high, and mid-bands, and a Multi-Function Control (MFC) block, RF input/output ports internally matched to 50 to reduce the number of external components. A CMOS integrated circuit uses standard MIPI controls to provide the internal MFC interface and operation. Extremely low leakage current maximizes handset standby time.
The InGaP die and the silicon die and passive components are mounted on a multi-layer laminate substrate. The assembly is encapsulated in a 4.0 mm x 6.8 mm x 0.75 mm, 42-pad MCM, SMT package which is a more highly manufacturable, low cost solution.
3G: The SKY77645-21 supports CDMA, WCDMA, High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA), High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+), and TD-SCDMA modulations. Varying the input power level provides output power control. VCC is adjusted using a DC DC converter to maximize efficiency for each power level and modulation type.
4G: The SKY77645-21 supports 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, 40 MHz channel bandwidths. Similar to 3G operation, output power is controlled by varying the input power and VCC is adjusted using a DC DC converter to maximize efficiency for each power level.
3G / 4G Modulation scheme includes:
- WCDMA Voice Release 99
- HSDPA categories
- CDMA2000 1xRC1, 1xRC3
- CDMA2000 EVDO
- FDD LTE
- TDD LTE
- Uplink Carrier Aggregation (CA) support for Band 39 (up to 35 MHz) and Band 40/41 (up to 40 MHz) Features
- Two T/R (RX) port and 10 outputs
- Industry-leading PAE for 3G/4G
- Optimized for APT DC DC operation
- Fully programmable Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) control
- MIPI programmable bias modes optimize best efficiency / linearity trade-off for 3G and 4G; minimizes DG09 for 3G.
- Small, low profile package: 4.0 x 6.8 x 0.75 mm, 42-pad configuration