The SKY85709-11 is a highly-integrated, 5 GHz Front-End Module (FEM) incorporating a 5 GHz Single-Pole, Double-Throw (SPDT) transmit/receive (T/R) switch, a 5 GHz Low-Noise Amplifier (LNA) with bypass, and a 5 GHz Power Amplifier (PA) intended for mobile/portable 802.11n/ac applications and systems. The device operates from a single supply voltage of 3.6 V.
An enable/disable function is included that allows power savings during off mode. An integrated power detector with 20 dB of dynamic range is included to provide closed-loop power control within the system.
The device is provided in a compact, 16-pin 2.5 x 2.5 mm Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) package.
- Integrated high performance 5 GHz PA with harmonic filter, LNA with bypass, and SPDT
- Fully-matched input and output
- Integrated, positive slope power detector
- Transmit gain: 30 dB
- Receive gain: 13.5 dB
- Output power: +19 dBm @ 2% EVM, 64 QAM 54 Mbps
- Output power: +18 dBm @ 2% EVM, MCS7 HT40
- Output power: +16 dBm @ 1.5% EVM, MCS9 HT80
- Direct connection to battery with 3.6 V nominal supply voltage
- Small, QFN (16-pin, 2.5 x 2.5 mm) package (MSL1, 260 C per JEDEC J-STD-020)