The SKY85806-11 is a complete 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), RF front-end module (FEM) that provides all the functionality of a power amplifier (PA), filtering, power detector, transmit/receive (T/R) switch, diplexer, and associated matching. The SKY85806-11 provides a complete 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WLAN RF solution, from the output of the transceiver to the antenna in an ultra-compact form factor. Designed to meet the stringent linearity conditions of the 802.11ac standard, the SKY85806-11 delivers less than 2% error vector magnitude (EVM) at the rated Alternating Current (AC) power.
Designed for ease of use, all RF ports are matched to 50 Ω to simplify the layout of the printed circuit board (PCB) and the interface to the transceiver. The SKY85806-11 also includes a transmitter power detector with +20 dB of dynamic range for each transmit chain. Each power amplifier has a separate digital enable control for transmitter on/off control. The power ramp rise/fall time is less than 0.5 μs.
The SKY85806-11 provides Local Oscillator (LO) filters for the 2 GHz and 5 GHz transmit paths. The SKY85806-11 is packaged in a small 4.0 x 3.0 x 0.8 mm, Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) package.
- All RF ports matched to 50 Ω
- Integrated 2.4 GHz PA, 5 GHz PA, transmit filter, diplexers, and T/R switches
- Integrated logarithmic power detector for each transmit chain
- +21 dBm power, 802.11b, 11 Mbps, ACPR = +35 dBc
- +19 dBm @ 3.0% EVM, MCS7, HT40, 2G
- +17 dBm @ 3.0% EVM, MCS7, HT40, 5G
- +17 dBm @ 1.8% EVM, MCS9, HT40, 2G
- +15 dBm @ 1.8% EVM, MCS9, HT80, 5G
- Single supply voltage: 3.3 V ± 10%
- Sleep mode: < 1 μA
- Bluetooth® ready; functional when VCC = 0 V or 3.3 V
- Bluetooth and 5 GHz WiFi concurrent operation
- Multiple receive bypass step attenuation
- Small QFN (28-pin, 4.0 x 3.0 x 0.8 mm) package (MSL3, 240 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)