The PCI-SB StarFabric PCI Interface Card enables users to support next generation systems requirements while maintaining investments in legacy PCI devices. This interface card is ideal for demanding real-time applications, such as VoIP, that require maximum scalability, bandwidth, and reliability.
The PCI-SB interface card installs in any standard PCI slot including the XP-SB series of PCI expansion chassis. The PCI 2.2 compliant interface card connects to any StarFabric-enabled device via shielded CAT5 cables with RJ-45 connectors. The interface card and any StarFabric-enabled device can be placed up to 10 meters apart. The PCI-SB is compatible with 64-bit/66 MHz and 32-bit/33 MHz bus speeds. Featuring two 2.5 Gbps, full duplex StarFabric serial links, the PCI-SB translates PCI traffic into serial frame format for transmission across the switch fabric or directly to a remote StarFabric-enabled device.
- Incorporates StarGen's StarFabric-to-PCI bridge
- PCI Rev. 2.2 compliant interface
- Two 2.5 Gbps, full-duplex StarFabric serial links
- Eight LVDS status LEDs for serial links
- Serial ROM
- DIP switches for operational modes
- Shielded CAT5 cabling via RJ-45 (for up to 10 meters)
- Linux, Microsoft Windows, Solaris (SPARC and x86), and VxWorks operating system support