The PCI-X SATA adapter provides the user with a convenient migration path between conventional (SCSI and IDE) storage technologies and more network oriented Serial ATA based storage. The four Serial ATA port controller with burst throughput up to 600MB/sec and full PCI-X speed bus interface presents an ideal storage solution for High-End Workstations. A special low profile form factor and connector positioning allow it to be used in space-constrained enclosures with convenient Serial ATA cable routing.
The HBA is equipped with Storage Array Management Logic under driver control. With a simple API interface, this Host Bus Adapter offers powerful Storage Switch Network and Enclosure Control capabilities. For custom versions and with special requirements please contact our engineering support team.
- Built upon Intel GD31244
- PCI-X to Serial ATA Controller
- Serial Flash ROM for PCI Option ROM
- Presents Serial ATA Hard Drives as a BOOT Capable Drives
- PCI-X Bus and Four Independent SATA channels working in Legacy Master/Slave and Native DPA Mode
- Support for Command Queuing
- Unique physical form factor for low profile enclosures
- Interoperability with VSC7175 Port Multiplexer/Port Aggregator
- Powerful enclosure control and monitoring interface
- Theoretical transfer rate up to 600MB/sec
- Windows 2000 and Linux Drivers with Software RAID support