The PMC-SB StarFabric PCI Mezzanine Card utilizing StarGen Inc.’s StarFabric bridge, offers a flexible switch fabric interface to real-time networks that scale from a few to hundreds of nodes. The flexibility and scalability of the PMC-SB is ideal for many signal-processing applications, including voice, that require the use of multiple processors to achieve real-time response and throughput.
The PMC-SB is PICMG 2.17 compliant and mounts on a CompactPCI or VME64 PMC carrier to provide a StarFabric interface. The PMC-SB converts a conventional parallel 32- or 64-bit PCI bus operating at up to 66 MHz to dual high-speed serial links compliant with the StarFabric protocol. The two links may be used separately for redundant fabric applications or may be aggregated for higher speed operation.
- Incorporates StarGen's StarFabric-to-PCI bridge
- 32-bit/33 MHz, 64-bit/66 MHz PCI interface
- Dual StarFabric links
- External RJ-45 connections (shielded CAT5 cabling for up to 10 meters) or PICMG 2.17 compatible Pn4 interconnect
- 400 Mbyte/sec sustained throughput
- Transparent protocol allows PCI-based O/S and application software to run without modification
- Fabric autoconfiguration at boot
- Redundant links for high availability
- "Root" and "Leaf" mode operation
- Compatible with Linux, Microsoft Windows, Solaris (SPARC and x86) and VxWorks operating systems