Medium frequency delivers the right combination of coverage under the boat, extended depth range, and the ability to produce clean and accurate target and structure returns in mid to deeper water. Operating at a frequency range of 85 to 135 kHz, this transducer reveals fish at medium depths up to 457 m (1,500') and delivers ultra-clear target resolution.
This model is also ideal for single-channel sounder applications where operating in Chirp mode provides a greater opportunity to see what is in the water column. Simply create pre-sets for 85 and 135 kHz and toggle between wide and narrow beams for scouting an area and then pinpointing structure.
The included high-performance fairing improves broadband performance at speeds over 30 knots (34 MPH).
The B285M transmits across the medium-frequency, 85 to 135 kHz band.
- Depth and fast-response water-temperature sensor
- 1 kW with a maximum depth of 457 m (1,500')
- Medium frequency: 85 to 135 kHz
- 50 kHz of total bandwidth
- Covers popular fishing frequencies of 88 and 107 kHz plus everything else in the bandwidth
- Medium frequency delivers excellent shallow to mid-depth performance, bottom detail, and fish-target separation
- Bronze housing for use on planing or displacement hull
- High-performance fairing for optimal performance at higher speeds
- Also available as transom (TM185M), thru-hull (B175M) and in-hull (M135M) mounts
- Exclusive Xducer ID® technology
View B285M Bottom Coverage
- Weight: 4.2 kg (9.2 lb.)
- Recommended Boat Length: 8 m (25') and above
- Hull Material: Fiberglass or wood
- Hull Deadrise: Up to 26° with fairing
- Acoustic Window: Urethane
- Hole Diameter: 30 mm or 1-3/16"
- Includes: High-performance fairing and mounting hardware
- Transducer Element: One internal ceramic assembly