Get more coverage under your boat with Airmar’s unique wide-beam, high-frequency, Chirp-ready transducers. The high-frequency band operates across a range of 150 to 250 kHz and has a fixed 25° beam for all frequencies which results in superior resolution. The constantly wide beam provides twice the coverage and excellent fish arches on the display compared to most high-frequency, narrow-beam transducer options.
The high wide is the ideal choice for both inshore and pelagic fishing, where resolution and maximum coverage are essential down to 152 m (500').
The Sealcast™ M285HW includes a plastic mounting base which is aligned to the centerline and secured inside the hull. Then it is filled with non-toxic antifreeze. The transducer is inserted into the base and adjusted for the proper deadrise offset, ensuring the beam is shooting straight down for maximum echo returns. Antifreeze is the best medium to transmit through solid fiberglass and into the surrounding water. The major benefit of an in-hull transducer is no protruding features on the exterior of the hull, making it the perfect choice for trailered or lifted boats. Designed for boats up to 11 m (36') with a solid-fiberglass hull.
- Depth only
- 1 kW
- High frequency: 150 to 250 kHz
- Constant 25° beamwidth
- Maximum depth of 152 m (500')
- 100 kHz of total bandwidth from one transducer
- Covers popular fishing frequency of 200 kHz plus everything else in the bandwidth
- High-frequency band delivers excellent shallow to mid-depth performance, bottom detail, and fish-target separation
- High wide beamwidth yields more coverage for detecting fish in the upper-water column
- Recommended for use on planing and displacement hulls
- Sealcast, seamless, urethane housing for long life underwater
- Installed with a hand-adjustable base. No cutting is needed.
- Also available as transom (TM185HW), thru-hull (B175HW) and in-hull (M285HW) mounts
- Exclusive Xducer ID® technology
View M285HW Bottom Coverage
- Weight: 4.2 kg (9.2 lb.)
- Recommended Boat Length: Up to 11 m (36')
- Hull Material: Solid fiberglass only
- Hull Deadrise: 0° to 22°
- Acoustic Window: Urethane
- Includes: Adjustable mounting base