The Aleris Family of film metrology tools provides reliable and precise measurement of film thickness, refractive index, stress and composition for the 32nm node and beyond. Utilizing Broadband Spectroscopic Ellipsometry (BBSE) technology, the Aleris systems form a comprehensive metrology solution, helping fabs to qualify and monitor a broad range of film layers.
- Patented BBSE produces the precision, stability and matching performance required for films monitoring
- Recipe sharing among different Aleris models facilitates a flexible process control strategy within the fab that covers both high-end and low-end film applications
- Recipe Database Management (RDM) allows engineers to easily manage recipes remotely for more efficient operations
- Optional StressMapper provides advanced stress measurement capability, helping chipmakers identify process issues that can lead to cracked or delaminated films or cause overlay errors
- Reliable, extendible architecture protects fabs’ capital investments
The Aleris 8330 film metrology tool is a low cost-of-ownership solution for measuring thickness, refractive index and stress of non-critical films, including inter-metal dielectrics, photoresists, bottom anti-reflective coatings, thick oxides and nitrides, and back end of line layers. With a 1.85x throughput increase compared to the previous generation ASET-F5x, the Aleris 8330 provides high-throughput, reliable film measurement capability for fast identification and resolution of process issues in production.
The Aleris 8350 is a high-performance film metrology tool that meets the tighter process tolerances required for thickness, refractive index and stress measurements on critical films. The Aleris 8350 is used for advanced film development, characterization and process control for a wide range of critical films, including ultra-thin diffusion layers, ultra-thin gate oxides, advanced photoresists, 193nm ARC layers, ultra-thin multi-layer stacks, and CVD layers.
With advanced performance and unique 150nm BBSE technology, the Aleris 8500 film metrology tool provides fabs with a single production solution for measuring composition and thickness of new materials and advanced device structures. The Aleris 8500 provides engineers with the film thickness and composition information required to qualify, integrate and monitor advanced films, including nitrided gate layers, high-k dielectrics, and ultra-thin multi-layer stacks.