The Puma 91xx Series is a family of laser imaging, darkfield patterned wafer inspectors that effectively disposition wafers and improve the predictability of the chipmaking process by capturing critical defects at high production throughputs. Part of a fab's yield management strategy, the Puma 91xx tools provide excursion monitoring capability for memory and logic devices at the 55/45nm nodes and beyond.
- Unique optical modes and multiple pixel options provide broad defect type capture at required speed for a range of process layers
- High production throughputs at required sensitivity enable increased lot sampling or lower cost of ownership
- Modular design allows various tool configurations, spanning applications from tool monitoring to advanced etch and photo
- Commonality and connectivity with KLA-Tencor's 23xx/28xx broadband brightfield inspectors and eDR-5200 review system optimize inspector capacity and reduce production integration time
- Brightfield recipe import and recipe optimization on KLA-Tencor's eDR-5200 review system enable operators to produce more accurate Puma inspection recipes in less time
- Established tool architecture and production-proven tool matching result in consistent and reliable excursion monitoring results