- Uses a shorter wavelength light source and smaller pixel size to provide the improved imaging inspection sensitivity needed for 90-nm node and below design rules
- Selectable UV illumination (Broadband UV, I-Line and G-Line) combines with high numerical aperture to deliver superior resolution and material contrast, enabling inspection of all process layers with full sensitivity to the entire range of defects
- UV illumination provides superior color noise suppression for ideal imaging inspection monitoring of BEOL metal etch and copper CMP layers
- Accelerates time to classified results and improves yield with Inline Automatic Defect Classification (iADC)
- Enhances return on investment in 300-mm manufacturing equipment with SEMI 300-mm automation-standards compliance
- Includes 235x capital-investment extension through upgrade capability
The 2360 High-Resolution Imaging Inspection System provides the sensitivity, flexibility, and intelligence needed to capture yield-relevant defects, while ignoring nuisance defects-all on a cost-effective platform that has been proven in production. The 2360 High-Resolution Imaging Inspection System's superior sensitivity to all defect types makes it ideal for new technologies (such as copper, low-k dielectrics, and 193-nm resists) in advanced 200-mm and 300-mm fabs, with particular effectiveness for critical etch, critical CMP, photo, and engineering analysis. This imaging inspection system, which features iADC for fast, consistent identification and review of yield-limiting defects, allows chipmakers to quickly isolate the root cause of yield-relevant defects to improve yield learning and monitoring.
Comprehensive Defect Inspection Solution
Multiple defect inspection technologies are required for a successful yield management program. The 23xx series and KLA-Tencor's eS30 incorporate revolutionary ultraviolet (UV) brightfield and e-beam technologies, respectively. They combine with KLA-Tencor's AIT series and its breakthrough high-throughput scanning technique to form the industry's only comprehensive defect inspection system that addresses all stages of semiconductor manufacturing, from development through production. The mix of the three technologies changes depending on whether the fab is in development, ramp, or production, but all three are used throughout the entire lifetime of the fab.