The Surfscan SP1DLS unpatterned wafer inspection system captures yield-limiting defects down to 50nm at high throughput, accelerating yield learning across all process modules at the 0.13µm design rule and below. With complete defectivity and haze information provided in a single scan, the Surfscan SP1DLS delivers the information required for wafer and integrated circuit manufacturers to rapidly develop and ramp their processes for advanced device production.
- Dual-laser illumination with simultaneous darkfield and brightfield modes enables detection of a wide range of defects at a high capture rate in a single pass
- Simultaneous collection of haze information provides detailed information on wafer surface quality
- The optional Backside Inspection Module (BSIM) provides fully automated, non-destructive inspection of the backsides of unpatterned and patterned (product) wafers
- Real-time defect classification (RTDC) enables filtering of nuisance defects and noise, and accelerates root-cause analysis
- Matching with the industry-leading Surfscan SP1TBI platform allows the transfer of recipes and calibration curves from the Surfscan SP1TBI
- Full wafer-edge handling capability enables inspection for frontside defects without backside contact
- Bridge platform supports 200mm and 300mm wafer sizes and meets 300mm factory automation requirements
Wafer:With high sensitivity to a wide variety of yield-limiting defects and simultaneous collection of haze data, the Surfscan SP1DLS provides wafer manufacturers with fast and accurate process development and final inspection capabilities.
IC: The Surfscan SP1DLS is used for process monitoring and tool qualification in all modules; incoming quality control of substrates; and for minimizing yield-limiting defects during advanced process development.
OEM: With high sensitivity at high throughput, the Surfscan SP1DLS is well-suited for the characterization and qualification of process tools.