SpectraFx 100, KLA-Tencor's next generation thin film metrology solution, offers cutting-edge capabilities that meet thin film measurement process control requirements for the 90nm node, including 193nm deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography processes. Designed to fully support next-generation and "operator free" 300mm fabs with advanced automation and tool-to-tool matching capabilities, the SpectraFx 100 thin film measurement system enables foundries and other multi-product high-volume chip manufacturers to reduce the process development time for advanced materials and accelerate their adoption into volume production.
- Accelerates adoption of advanced thin films for volume production of 90nm devices
- Resolution™ optics enables thin film measurements across a continuous wavelength spectrum from 220nm to 900nm with the option to extend down to 190nm
- Enhanced pattern recognition accelerates and facilitates recipe generation and setup between process tools, resulting in less operator error, greater ease of use, and improved availability of the metrology tool for production
- Enables extensive product wafer monitoring required for 193nm deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography processes
- Provides extensive monitoring and characterization required to accurately measure advanced thin films, such as anti-reflective coatings (ARCs), silicon on insulator (SOI), and silicon germanium (SiGe).
- Fully supports SEMI E84, E87, E40, E90, and E94 requirements for communication to automation tracks and materials process flow.
- Delivers the precision, stability, and matching required for advanced thin film-measurement applications for 90nm device production
- Achieves exceptional tool-to-tool matching (0.001-0.003 refractive index)
- Enables the use of a small spot size on product wafers (down to 40 x 40 microns), eliminating the use of monitor wafers