Versatile Spot Cooling for Machining, Repair Shops and More
Cold Air Guns use vortex tube technology and filtered compressed air to produce sub-freezing air as low as -30 deg F (-34 deg C) for numerous industrial spot cooling applications. With no moving parts to wear out, Cold Air Guns require no electricity at the target, just a compressed air source.
Cold Air Guns are most often used for cooling of metal parts, in the machining and repair of metals, plastics, wood, ceramics and other materials. Cold air machining outperforms mist coolants and substantially increases tool life and feed rates on dry machining operations. The effective cooling from a Cold Air Gun can eliminate heat-related parts growth while improving parts tolerance and surface finish quality.
The Mini Cold Air Gun is designed for applications where the standard Cold Air Gun is too large to fit, or where compressed air flow is limited. The Mini Cold Air Gun uses only 8 SCFM of compressed air and achieves temperatures as low as 0 deg F. The Mini Cold Air Gun is available with a single nozzle or a dual point nozzle for multi-directional cooling.
- Increase dry machining speeds up to 36%
- Extend tool life by 50%
- Eliminates the mess, expense and safety concerns of using mist coolants
- Reduce waiting or normalization time by cooling parts faster
- Eliminate the potential for burning and scorching
- Avoid secondary parts cleaning after machining
- Reduce grinding wheel loading caused by overheating
- Creates cold air up to 70 F deg (21 C deg) below the inlet compressed air temperature
- Quiet operation; meets OSHA noise specifications
- Highly reliable with no moving parts
- Low pressure outlet air
- Uses only compressed air – no Freon
- System includes a magnetic base and a 5 micron auto-drain compressed air filter
- Magnetic base allows for easy, close in positioning and easy portability