Corning Cable Systems OV-1000 Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) provides testing flexibility by combining a rugged platform with field-interchangeable multimode, single-mode and advanced testing modules. All OTDR modules can be used as continuous wave (CW) light sources. Available as options on the mainframe are a power meter and visual fault locator (VFL). The OV-1000 utilizes Windows CE technology allowing for a fast power-up time of four seconds. The OV-1000 has an 80 MB internal flash memory that typically stores up to 1500 traces and eliminates the need for a hard drive, which can fail under extreme field conditions. If extra storage capacity is needed, the unit offers USB A/B ports and a compact flash slot.
The OV-1000 OTDR product line offers a wide variety of multimode and single-mode modules. Modules are cross-platform compatible between the OV-1000 and the OptiVisor 400 OTDR mainframes. The OV-1000 has the capacity to hold up to two OTDR modules or one OTDR module and one advanced testing module at the same time. Modules can be easily switched out in the field, without the use of tools, in just a matter of seconds.
The OV-1000 has a 6.4-in color touch screen that is resistant to shock, water and most common chemicals used in the field. The screen is large enough to view both the trace and the event table simultaneously, eliminating the need to toggle back and forth between the two.
Along with offering three OTDR test modes — Auto, Advanced and Template Trace — the OV-1000 is future-ready with the ability to accept protocol testing modules, such as Gigabit Ethernet, as they are made available.
- Rugged, splash-proof mainframe allows for testing in harsh conditions
- 6.4-in color TFT touch is easily readable when testing indoors under artificial light and outdoors in the sunlight
- Dial and keypad make scrolling and selecting faster and easier
- Accommodates up to two field-interchangeable modules, eliminating the need to change modules as often
- Windows CE-based technology with four second power-up time allows the user to begin testing immediately
- Instantaneous AutoSync USB makes it easier and faster to transfer files and perform software upgrades