Corning Cable Systems OV-1000 Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) provides testing flexibility by combining a rugged platform with field-interchangeable multimode, single-mode and advanced testing modules. All OTDR modules can be used as continuous wave (CW) light sources. Available as options on the mainframe are a power meter and visual fault locator (VFL). This product utilizes Windows CE technology, allowing for a fast power-up time of four seconds. It has an 80 MB internal flash memory that typically stores up to 1500 traces and eliminates the need for a hard drive, which can fail under extreme field conditions. If extra storage capacity is needed, the unit offers USB A/B ports and a compact flash slot.
- Rugged, splash-proof mainframe allows for testing in harsh conditions
- 6.4-in color TFT touch is easily readable when testing indoors under artificial light and outdoors in the sunlight
- Dial and keypad make scrolling and selecting faster and easier
- Accommodates up to two field-interchangeable modules, eliminating the need to change modules as often
- Windows CE-based technology with four second power-up time allows the user to begin testing immediately
- Instantaneous AutoSync USB makes it easier and faster to transfer files and perform software upgrades