ELASTOSIL® A 442 is a one-component, thixotropic sealant intended for use where a soft, high elongation material is desired. ELASTOSIL® A 442 is particularly effective as an adhesive in applications where the bonded joint is subjected to relatively large movements in service.
- Tenacious adhesion to most metals, plastics, synthetic rubbers, glass and concrete
- Low modulus of elasticity for superior sealant joint movement capability
- Low compressive modulus, ideal for forming compression gaskets on covers and closures where low clamping pressures are essential
- Stays flexible between -65°F and 400°F
- Impervious to weathering and ultraviolet degradation
- Resistant to hot lubricating oils
- Causes little or no foam in lubricating oils
- Non-corrosive to ferrous metals
ELASTOSIL® A 442 can be bulk dispensed by hand or robot applicators with conventional drum and pail extruder pumps equipped with high pressure flexible fluid hoses.