One-component, acid-curing silicone sealant for general-purpose sealing in high temperature applications up to 250 °C.
ELASTOSIL® 4500 cures at room temperature under the action of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
- ready gunnability at low (+5 °C) and high (+40 °C) temperatures
- flexible at low (-40 °C) and high temperatures (+250 °C)
- acetic acid crosslinking system
- rapid crosslinking: quickly becomes tack-free
- adheres excellently to glass, vitrified surfaces, ceramic tiles, many plastics and most paints
- good tooling properties
- maintains elastic properties at continuous temperatures of up to 250 °C
- short-term resistance up to 275 °C
- sealing of connecting and expansion joints exposed to high temperatures
- sealing of joints exposed to long-term temperatures of 250 °C (oven and chimney construction)
- suitable for industrial applications