ELASTOSIL® 8510 is a one-part, neutral-curing, low modulus silicone sealant, for sealing such natural substrates as marble and other indoor or sanitary construction materials.
ELASTOSIL® 8510 cures at room temperature under the action of atmospheric moisture to give a permanently flexible silicone rubber.
- mold retardant
- ready gunnability at low (+5 °C) and high (+40 °C) temperatures
- non-staining and non-bleeding: no contamination of joint edges through plasticizers
- can be used on substrates such as marble, granite, sandstone, quartzite; no staining of joint edges
- can be used with aqueous or solvent-based coating compounds: no plasticizer migration
- rapid crosslinking: quickly becomes tack-free - primerless adhesion to most materials
- non-corrosive to metals
- suitable for alkaline substrates such as concrete, mortar, fibrous concrete
- high abrasion resistance
ELASTOSIL® 8510 has been specially developed for natural substrates such as marble, granite, sandstone and quartzite. In contrast to ordinary silicone sealants, contact with these construction materials causes no staining of joint edges. Moreover, ELASTOSIL® 8510 is flexible and adheres to most materials without primers. ELASTOSIL® 8510 is ideal for