EPO-TEK® 302-3M-R is designed to meet European Regulatory Requirements. The epoxy is used for optical, fiber optic, and semiconductor applications and is good for adhesive joining, sealing, potting, or as a coating.
EPO-TEK® 302-3M Advantages & Application Notes:
• Low viscosity, clear and colorless epoxy is well suited for potting applications, and for transmitting VIS or NIR light in opto-circuits.
• Excellent water, chemical, and solvent resistant properties including 10% nitric acid, acetone, hexane, and dichloromethane.
• Suggested Applications:
o Fiber Optic/Optical:
- Potting and encapsulation; lens and prism bonding for Scientific / OEM instruments; LED encapsulant.
- Transmission in the VIS/NIR range from 350 – 1550 nm. Can be used in the optical pathway.
- Potting or sealing the fiber into the snout of the opto-package.
- Adhesive for V-groove, fiber arrays or lens arrays.
- Bonding optical fibers into ferrules. Fibers of glass or plastic. Ferrules of glass, quartz, stainless steel, kovar, or ceramic.
- Recommended for under filling of flip chips or SMDs on PCB; can also be used for COB glob top process using a DAM/FILL method; can resist 85/85 moisture soaks, as well as Tcycles and Tshocks.
- Adhesion to stainless steel metal, ceramic, titanium and most plastics.
- Passes NASA low outgassing standard ASTM E595 with proper cure - http://outgassing.nasa.gov/
- This product has been tested and satisfies low halogen requirements.